Raspberry Creme Brulee
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Chill 1 hr to 8 hrs
- Cool 30 mins
- Bake 1 hr
- Stand 15 mins
Raspberries stud this creamy dessert from a Baxter, Minnesota, restaurant.
vanilla bean*, split lengthwise
egg yolks, slightly beaten
fresh raspberries or sliced small strawberries
Raspberries or strawberries (optional)
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat cream and vanilla bean over medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until just simmering (do not boil), stirring often. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Remove and discard the vanilla bean.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater just until mixture is pale yellow and thick. Add about half of the cream mixture, a little at a time, to the egg mixture, whisking or stirring until well combined. Pour egg mixture into the remaining cream mixture, stirring until completely combined.
- Place eight ungreased, 4-ounce ramekins or six 6-ounce custard cups in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Add 5 raspberries or strawberry slices to each ramekin or custard cup. Set the pan on an oven rack in a 325 degree F oven. Pour custard mixture evenly into the dishes. Pour very hot water into the baking pan around the dishes until water is halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until custard is set. Remove ramekins or custard cups from the water bath. Cool on a wire rack about 30 minutes. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- If you like, garnish each top with additional raspberries or strawberries.
- * Or, substitute 2 teaspoons vanilla. If using the vanilla, just heat whipping cream until warm, do not cook until bubbly and do not steep. Add the vanilla to the warm cream.
(Raspberry Creme Brulee)Servings Per Recipe 8, Fat, total (g) 25, Thiamin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 16, vit. A (IU) 1020, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 292, vit. C (mg) 3, sodium (mg) 28, pro. (g) 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, carb. (g) 15, fiber (g) 1, calcium (mg) 61, sugar (g) 13, Potassium (mg) 74, Monounsaturated fat (g) 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, iron (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 210, sat. fat (g) 15