- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 35 mins
- Chill 4 hrs
Gelatin helps thicken this coffee-flavored dessert. Serve in a wine glass topped with whipped topping and chocolate curls.
instant espresso coffee powder or regular instant coffee crystals
whipping cream or heavy cream
Bittersweet chocolate shavings or curls
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee power in water. Sprinkle gelatin over coffee; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large metal bowl or the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar with a wire whisk until combined. Place over gently boiling water (metal bowl or upper pan should not touch water). Cook, stirring rapidly with a whisk, about 10 minutes or until egg mixture begins to thicken and coats a metal spoon (160 degrees F). Remove from heat.
- Add coffee-gelatin mixture to warm egg mixture; whisk until combined. Beat egg-gelatin mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes or until mixture is cool; set aside.
- Thoroughly wash beaters. In a chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream, one-third at a time, into egg-gelatin mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly among 8 chilled wine or parfait glasses (or place in a large glass bowl). Cover and chill at least 4 hours. To serve, garnish with chocolate shavings or curls. Makes 8 servings.
(Cappuccino Mousse)Servings Per Recipe 8, Fat, total (g) 27, carb. (g) 18, vit. C (mg) 1, vit. A (IU) 1020, iron (mg) 1, pro. (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 319, calcium (mg) 61, sat. fat (g) 16, chol. (mg) 240, sodium (mg) 31