Garlic Chicken Italiano
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 1 hr
- Stand 5 mins
Sixteen cloves of garlic make transform basic oven-roasted chicken a wonderful dinner. The garlic mellows out during cooking and becomes mild yet fragrant.
fresh roasting chicken
dry white wine
- Combine olive oil, salt, and pepper. Separate the garlic into cloves and peel. Mince 4 cloves and stir into olive oil. Brush chicken with the oil mixture.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken. Place lemon halves inside chicken cavity. Pull neck skin to back and fasten with a skewer. If a band of skin crosses the tail, tuck drumsticks under the band. If there's no band, tie drumsticks to tail. Twist wing tips under the back.
- Place bird, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour wine and the water into pan. Add remaining garlic cloves.
- Roast the chicken in a 400 degree F oven for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until thoroughly cooked and a meat thermometer inserted into the inside of a thigh muscles registers 180 degree F to 185 degree F.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover with foil. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove garlic from juices using a slotted spoon. Skim fat from pan juices. Carve chicken. Pour some of the pan juices over chicken. Serve garlic cloves with chicken. Pass remaining juices. Makes 4 servings.
(Garlic Chicken Italiano)Servings Per Recipe 4, chol. (mg) 118, sodium (mg) 252, fiber (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 432, Fat, total (g) 25, carb. (g) 9