Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 40 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
dried medium noodles
boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
sliced fresh mushrooms
green onions, sliced
of a medium
red sweet pepper, chopped
10 3/4 -
reduced-fat, reduced-sodium, condensed cream of broccoli or cream of chicken soup
fat-free dairy sour cream
frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
fine dry bread crumbs
butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, except omit salt or oil. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Coat a large skillet with more cooking spray. Add the chicken. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer the mixture from the skillet to a large mixing bowl.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, red pepper, broth, and garlic to skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to large bowl with chicken. Add soup, sour cream, mustard, and pepper to chicken mixture. Gently stir in the noodles and broccoli.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over noodles. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 8 servings.
(Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake)Servings Per Recipe 8, sodium (mg) 264, cal. (kcal) 210, fiber (g) 2, pro. (g) 15, carb. (g) 26, Fat, total (g) 5, chol. (mg) 46, sat. fat (g) 2