Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 40 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
dried medium noodles
boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
sliced fresh mushrooms
green onions, sliced
of a medium
red sweet pepper, chopped
10 3/4 -
reduced-fat, reduced-sodium, condensed cream of broccoli or cream of chicken soup
fat-free dairy sour cream
frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
fine dry bread crumbs
butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, except omit salt or oil. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Coat a large skillet with more cooking spray. Add the chicken. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer the mixture from the skillet to a large mixing bowl.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, red pepper, broth, and garlic to skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to large bowl with chicken. Add soup, sour cream, mustard, and pepper to chicken mixture. Gently stir in the noodles and broccoli.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over noodles. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 8 servings.
(Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake)Servings Per Recipe 8, Fat, total (g) 5, chol. (mg) 46, pro. (g) 15, carb. (g) 26, sat. fat (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 210, fiber (g) 2, sodium (mg) 264