- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 8 hrs to 9 hrs on low or 4 to 4-1/2 hours on high
boneless pork shoulder
navy beans, rinsed and drained
15 1/2 -
hominy, rinsed and drained
mango lime salsa or salsa
Lime wedges (optional)
- Trim fat from meat; cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss meat with cumin. In a large skillet, cook pork, half at a time, in hot oil; drain off fat.
- Line a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with a slow-cooker liner. In the cooker, combine pork, navy beans, and hominy. In a large bowl, combine salsa and the water. Pour over pork mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If you like, serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Hominy-Pork Stew)Servings Per Recipe 4, Fat, total (g) 16, chol. (mg) 116, Thiamin (mg) 1, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, pro. (g) 49, carb. (g) 55, cal. (kcal) 557, Niacin (mg) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, sodium (mg) 1325, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 7, Folate (µg) 69, sugar (g) 4, fiber (g) 15, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, iron (mg) 6, vit. C (mg) 1, calcium (mg) 172, vit. A (IU) 486, Potassium (mg) 986