Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 40 mins to 50 mins
pork stuffing mix
butter or margarine, melted
whole cranberry sauce
pork loin rib chops, cut 1-inch thick (about 3-3/4 pounds total)
- In a medium bowl, combine dry stuffing mix, water and butter. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cranberry sauce. Set remaining cranberry sauce aside.
- Trim fat from chops. Make a pocket in each chop by cutting a horizontal slit from the fat side of the chop almost to the bone. Spoon 1/4 cup of the stuffing mixture into pocket of each chop. If necessary, secure with wooden toothpicks. Spread any remaining stuffing in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart rectangular).
- In a 12-inch skillet, brown chops, half at a time, on both sides in hot oil. Arrange chops in the baking dish over stuffing, overlapping as needed.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chops registers 160 degree F (make sure to insert thermometer into meat portion, not stuffing, and make sure thermometer does not touch bone) and juices run clear. Before serving, remove wooden toothpicks and discard.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining cranberry sauce; spoon over the prepared chops. Makes 6 servings.
(Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops)Servings Per Recipe 6, carb. (g) 46, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, pro. (g) 41, Niacin (mg) 10, cal. (kcal) 526, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, iron (mg) 2, sat. fat (g) 8, chol. (mg) 115, sodium (mg) 448, Fat, total (g) 18, Potassium (mg) 543, calcium (mg) 30, sugar (g) 22, vit. A (IU) 243, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, fiber (g) 2