Pork and Veggie Quesadillas
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 4 mins to 6 mins per batch
pork tenderloin or lean boneless pork*
Nonstick cooking spray
thinly sliced onion
fresh baby spinach
6 1/2 -
low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas
shredded Italian-blend cheese
- Trim fat from pork; thinly slice pork. Sprinkle with pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork from the skillet.
- In the same skillet cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic about 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until spinach is wilted.
- Coat one side of the tortillas with cooking spray. Place four of the tortillas, coated side down, on a sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded cheese on each tortilla. Place pork slices on cheese. Spread vegetable mixture over pork, followed by another tablespoon of cheese on each. Top with remaining tortillas, coated sides up.
- Add one or two quesadillas to the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until tortillas are browned and cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut quesadillas into quarters.
- *Tip These can also be made with 8 ounces of thinly sliced cooked leftover pork loin.
- Shortcut Bypass cleaning and slicing fresh mushrooms by starting with a package that's already sliced.
(Pork and Veggie Quesadillas)Servings Per Recipe 4, Fat, total (g) 11, vit. C (mg) 22, chol. (mg) 56, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 5, Riboflavin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 32, Niacin (mg) 6, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2, Folate (µg) 145, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, fiber (g) 22, sodium (mg) 599, sugar (g) 2, Potassium (mg) 426, pro. (g) 28, calcium (mg) 257, cal. (kcal) 337, vit. A (IU) 4688, iron (mg) 4