The Stone Barn's Pizza Dough
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yield: Three 13-inch pizza crusts
- Prep 25 mins
- Rise 2 hrs
- Cool 5 mins
- Bake 20 mins
- Stand 15 mins
warm water (105 degrees F)
active dry yeast (about 1/2 of a package)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir yeast mixture to make sure yeast has dissolved. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the bread flour and salt. Add flour mixture and oil to the yeast mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes more. Stir in remaining flour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough only a couple of strokes; dough will be sticky. Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease dough surface. Cover bowl; let dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours (dough will not double in size).
- Grease three large baking sheets. Sprinkle pans lightly with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Cut dough into three equal parts with a serrated knife. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pat each piece of dough into a disk. On a well floured surface, roll each dough portion out to a very thin, rough circle that measures 13 inches in diameter (don't worry if pizza isn't perfectly round). For a thicker crust, roll each dough portion out into a circle that measures about 11 inches. Transfer dough circles to prepared pans.
- Prick dough all over with a fork. (Do not let rise. If all three pans do not fit in your oven for prebaking, chill one of the pans in the refrigerator.) Makes three 13-inch unbaked pizza crusts (twelve 2-piece servings).
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 12 minutes or until crust bottom is light brown. Remove from oven.
- For each pizza, add desired toppings to prebaked crusts. Bake for 8 minutes more or until toppings are heated through and bottom crust is crisp and brown. Remove from oven. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
(The Stone Barn's Pizza Dough)Servings Per Recipe 12, cal. (kcal) 140, pro. (g) 4, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 27, Fat, total (g) 2, Folate (µg) 73, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 3, Monosaturated fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 1, iron (mg) 2, calcium (mg) 10, sodium (mg) 389, Potassium (mg) 41, Riboflavin (mg) 0