Shrimp Stir-Fry Grilled Pizza
- Yield: Four 10- to 12-inch pizzas
- Prep 25 mins
- Marinate 20 mins
- Grill 4 mins
Fresh pea pods and spinach add a fresh green color to this seafood pizza.
Homemade Pizza Crust (see recipe center)
fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp
lemon juice, rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
five spice powder (or 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
peanut oil or cooking oil
fresh pea pods, halved diagonally, or 1 cup sliced bok choy
green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
packed baby spinach leaves, or torn spinach or Swiss chard
orange juice or apple juice
bottled hoisin sauce or oyster sauce
cashews, walnuts or peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Prepare Homemade Pizza Crust.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, five spice powder, and cayenne pepper; add shrimp. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- For topping, pour 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir for 15 seconds. Add bok choy and green onions; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir about 1 minute more or until spinach is just wilted. Remove the vegetable mixture from wok.
- Carefully pour the remaining 1 tablespoon oil into hot wok. Add shrimp. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Push shrimp from center of the wok. Add orange juice and hoisin sauce to the center of the wok; cook and stir until bubbly. Return vegetable mixture to wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Remove from heat; set aside.
- For pizza: Remove pizza dough circles from freezer, discarding waxed paper and brush tops with some olive oil.
- For a charcoal grill, carefully slide 2 of the pizza dough circles, oiled side down, onto a lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until dough is puffed in some places and starting to become firm. Carefully turn the crusts with tongs, transferring them from rack to the back of a baking sheet. Working quickly and carefully, brush oil over grilled top of crust.
- For each pizza, with a slotted spoon, add 1/4 of the shrimp mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of the nuts. Transfer the pizzas from the baking sheet to the rack. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more or crust is crisp. Remove pizzas from grill. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-hot. Place dough circles on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Repeat grilling with remaining 2 dough parts and toppings. Serve immediately. Makes four 10- to 12-inch pizzas (6 to 8 servings).
(Shrimp Stir-Fry Grilled Pizza)fiber (g) 4, sodium (mg) 472, calcium (mg) 81, chol. (mg) 86, iron (mg) 6, sat. fat (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 12, cal. (kcal) 533, pro. (g) 22, carb. (g) 67, vit. A (IU) 1215, Fat, total (g) 19