Gourmet Off-the-Shelf Grilled Pizza
- Yield: Four 10- to 12-inch pizzas
- Prep 15 mins
- Grill 3 mins
This six-ingredient pizza is made using convenience products so it comes together in just 15 minutes to create a quick and easy dinner.
Homemade Pizza Crust (see recipe center)
purchased dried tomato or basil pesto
shredded four-cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
3 1/2 -
sliced pepperoni, halved
roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips (1/2 cup)
6 1/2 -
marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
sliced ripe olives (optional)
White balsamic vinegar
- Prepare Homemade Pizza Crust.
- For pizza: Remove pizza dough circles from freezer, discarding waxed paper, and brush tops with some olive oil.
- For a charcoal grill, carefully slide 2 of the pizza dough circles, oiled side down, onto a lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until dough is puffed in some places and starting to become firm. Carefully turn the crusts with tongs, transferring them from rack to the back of a baking sheet. Working quickly and carefully, brush oil over grilled top of crust.
- For each pizza, spread 3 tablespoons of the pesto over crusts. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese. Top with 1/4 of the pepperoni, roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, and, if you like, olives. Transfer the pizzas from the baking sheet to the rack. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more or crust is crisp. Remove pizzas from grill. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-hot. Place dough circles on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Repeat grilling with remaining 2 dough rounds and toppings. Transfer pizzas to a cutting board. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut into slices with a pizza wheel and serve immediately. Makes four 10- to 12-inch pizzas (6 to 8 servings).
(Gourmet Off-the-Shelf Grilled Pizza)iron (mg) 6, calcium (mg) 374, pro. (g) 25, cal. (kcal) 714, fiber (g) 4, sodium (mg) 1191, sat. fat (g) 13, chol. (mg) 49, Fat, total (g) 36, carb. (g) 73, vit. C (mg) 45, vit. A (IU) 583