Gourmet Off-the-Shelf Grilled Pizza
- Yield: Four 10- to 12-inch pizzas
- Prep 15 mins
- Grill 3 mins
This six-ingredient pizza is made using convenience products so it comes together in just 15 minutes to create a quick and easy dinner.
Homemade Pizza Crust (see recipe center)
purchased dried tomato or basil pesto
shredded four-cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
3 1/2 -
sliced pepperoni, halved
roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips (1/2 cup)
6 1/2 -
marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
sliced ripe olives (optional)
White balsamic vinegar
- Prepare Homemade Pizza Crust.
- For pizza: Remove pizza dough circles from freezer, discarding waxed paper, and brush tops with some olive oil.
- For a charcoal grill, carefully slide 2 of the pizza dough circles, oiled side down, onto a lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until dough is puffed in some places and starting to become firm. Carefully turn the crusts with tongs, transferring them from rack to the back of a baking sheet. Working quickly and carefully, brush oil over grilled top of crust.
- For each pizza, spread 3 tablespoons of the pesto over crusts. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese. Top with 1/4 of the pepperoni, roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, and, if you like, olives. Transfer the pizzas from the baking sheet to the rack. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more or crust is crisp. Remove pizzas from grill. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-hot. Place dough circles on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Repeat grilling with remaining 2 dough rounds and toppings. Transfer pizzas to a cutting board. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Cut into slices with a pizza wheel and serve immediately. Makes four 10- to 12-inch pizzas (6 to 8 servings).
(Gourmet Off-the-Shelf Grilled Pizza)sodium (mg) 1191, fiber (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 714, pro. (g) 25, iron (mg) 6, vit. A (IU) 583, carb. (g) 73, vit. C (mg) 45, calcium (mg) 374, sat. fat (g) 13, Fat, total (g) 36, chol. (mg) 49