Pistachio Cranberry Icebox Cookies
- Yield: Makes about 60 cookies.
- Prep 25 mins
- Chill 2 hrs
- Bake 10 mins to 12 mins
- Cool 1 mins
Red and green flecks of nuts and fruit make these buttery cookies perfect for a holiday cookie exchange or gift box. The recipe comes from the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls in Logan, Ohio.
unsalted butter, softened
finely chopped pistachio nuts
snipped dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and salt. Beat about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, switching to a wooden spoon if necessary. Stir in pistachio nuts and cranberries; use hands to knead dough until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. On waxed paper, shape each half into an 8 1/2-inch-long log (about 1 1/2 inches across). Lift and smooth the waxed paper to help shape the logs. Wrap each log in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Rotate log while cutting to prevent flattening. (If dough gets too soft to slice, freeze briefly until it is firm enough to slice.) Place slices 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and just starting to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks.
(Pistachio Cranberry Icebox Cookies)Trans fatty acid (g) 0, calcium (mg) 3, Potassium (mg) 15, carb. (g) 4, chol. (mg) 6, Fat, total (g) 3, Niacin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, cal. (kcal) 44, sugar (g) 2, vit. C (mg) 0, fiber (g) 0, Folate (µg) 6, vit. A (IU) 74, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, sodium (mg) 10, sat. fat (g) 2, iron (mg) 0