Pimiento Corn Muffins
- Makes: 4 servings
- Yield: Make 4-servings for two meals.
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 18 mins
These simple cilantro- and pepper-flecked muffins start with a box mix. They go great with chili. If you can resist eating them all, save a few to make Corn Muffin Croutons that will jazz up any salad.
egg, lightly beaten
8.5-ounce package corn muffin mix
frozen whole kernel corn
snipped fresh cilantro
- Line eight 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, muffin mix, corn, milk, cilantro, pimiento and cumin. Stir just until moistened. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in a 400 degrees F oven for 18 minutes or until muffins are golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. If you like, cool 4 of the muffins and place in an airtight container to save for making Corn Muffin Croutons (see recipe, Step 6).
- Corn Muffin Croutons: Crumble the reserved muffins into large pieces. Place in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 400 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, stirring once. Use as many croutons as desired on the salad.
(Pimiento Corn Muffins)Servings Per Recipe 4, vit. A (IU) 97, Potassium (mg) 75, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 5, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sat. fat (g) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, sugar (g) 1, sodium (mg) 225, iron (mg) 1, calcium (mg) 20, Monounsaturated fat (g) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, fiber (g) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 12, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Fat, total (g) 4, carb. (g) 26, chol. (mg) 24, pro. (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 153