Single-Serving Caramel Apples
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Cool 10 mins
- Bake 20 mins
frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed
Granny Smith, Jonagold, and/or Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
packed brown sugar
butter, cut up
caramel-flavored ice cream topping
egg yolk, lightly beaten
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Arrange eight* 4- to 5-inch individual quiche dishes, pie plates, or individual shallow casserole dishes atop pastry sheets, top sides down. (If the pastry sheets are not large enough for all the dishes to fit, roll out the pastry sheets until they are large enough.)
- Using a small knife, cut out pastry around the dishes. Discard excess pastry. Set pastry aside. Butter insides of dishes; set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together apple slices and brown sugar. Arrange apple slices in buttered dishes. Dot with the 3 tablespoons butter. Drizzle apples with ice cream topping.
- Place a cut out pastry piece atop each dish. Press pastry against the top insides of the dishes. Brush pastry with egg yolk; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Place dishes on a very large baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples are just tender. Cool slightly. Serve warm with whipped cream. Makes 8 servings.
- * If you do not have eight of the same kind of dish, use a combination of dishes.
Make Ahead Tip
- To make ahead, prepare as above through step 4. Cover each dish with plastic wrap. Chill up to 6 hours. To serve, uncover dishes; bake as directed above.
(Single-Serving Caramel Apples)Servings Per Recipe 8, sodium (mg) 284, carb. (g) 58, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, pro. (g) 7, Folate (µg) 56, vit. C (mg) 4, cal. (kcal) 573, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 534, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 4, Monosaturated fat (g) 17, iron (mg) 2, sugar (g) 28, calcium (mg) 40, fiber (g) 3, Potassium (mg) 156, sat. fat (g) 14, chol. (mg) 66, Niacin (mg) 3, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 37