- Makes: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 45 mins
A traditional lattice top covers crimson raspberries and a flaky pastry crust for this classic berry pie.
fresh or frozen raspberries
refrigerated unbaked pie crust (2 crusts)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine raspberries, sugar, tapioca, and butter. Toss until combined. (If using frozen raspberries, let the mixture stand for 15 to 30 minutes or until the fruit is partially thawed, but still icy. Stir well.)
- For bottom crust, unwrap refrigerated pastry according to package directions. Fit one unbaked crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- For lattice top, roll remaining unbaked crust to a 12-inch diameter. Cut pastry into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Spoon the raspberry mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Weave strips over the filling to make a lattice. Press the ends of the strips into the rim of the crust. Fold bottom pastry over strips; seal and flute edge. Cover edge with foil.
- Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until the top is golden. (Or for frozen raspberries: Bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until top is golden.) Cool the pie on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream, if you like. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
(Raspberry Pie)Servings Per Recipe 6, vit. A (IU) 194, vit. C (mg) 15, calcium (mg) 10, Thiamin (mg) 0, iron (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 16, Monosaturated fat (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 8, chol. (mg) 18, Fat, total (g) 17, carb. (g) 61, Potassium (mg) 125, pro. (g) 2, fiber (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 405, sugar (g) 30, sodium (mg) 231