Graeter's Peppermint-Fudge Ice Cream Pie
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Freeze 8 hrs
- Stand 10 mins
pint (4 cups)
Graeter's peppermint ice cream or high-quality peppermint ice cream
purchased chocolate-flavored crumb pie shell
chocolate fudge ice cream topping
Mini candy canes and/or red- and green-colored sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, soften peppermint ice cream by using a wooden spoon to stir and press ice cream against side of the bowl. Stir until soft but not melted.
- Quickly spoon softened ice cream into crumb pie shell. Take the back of the spoon and gently push ice cream to build up the edges slightly. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Spread ice cream topping over ice cream to evenly cover. Cover and freeze for 1 hour more.
- Place the Whipped Cream in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe in mounds on top of the pie. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight until firm.
- To serve, remove pie from freezer. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Decorate the top with mini candy canes and/or red- and green-colored sprinkles. Use a large heavy-duty chef's knife to cut pie into 8 wedges.
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer. In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Makes 2 cups.
(Graeter's Peppermint-Fudge Ice Cream Pie)Servings Per Recipe 8, Fat, total (g) 26, carb. (g) 65, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, fiber (g) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, sat. fat (g) 14, iron (mg) 9, vit. A (IU) 632, pro. (g) 4, calcium (mg) 81, cal. (kcal) 509, Potassium (mg) 23, sodium (mg) 248, sugar (g) 38, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 71