Chocolate-Pecan Whiskey Pie
- Makes: 8 to 10 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 45 mins
Pastry for a 9-inch single-crust pie
light-colored corn syrup
Whipped cream (optional)
Shaved chocolate (optional)
Chocolate-dipped pecan halves (optional)
- In a heavy medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool. Meanwhile, line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim; crimp edge.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, syrup, and whiskey until smooth. Slowly stir egg mixture into chocolate. Stir in pecans.
- Pour the chocolate-pecan mixture into pastry shell. To prevent over-browning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Chill within 2 hours. Cover for longer storage.
- If you like, pipe whipped cream on pie, sprinkle with shaved chocolate and garnish with chocolate pecan halves. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
(Chocolate-Pecan Whiskey Pie)Servings Per Recipe 8, chol. (mg) 52, carb. (g) 30, Fat, total (g) 24, cal. (kcal) 349, calcium (mg) 20, pro. (g) 6, iron (mg) 3, sodium (mg) 107