Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 40 mins
- Cool 1 hr
This chocolate version of pecan pie will disappear fast! Bring it to a dinner party to share with friends.
recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie (see recipe below)
dark-colored corn syrup
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim and crimp the edges of the pastry as you like; set aside. (If you like, make pastry cutouts from scraps of pastry. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until they're golden brown.)
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine butter and chocolate. Cook over low heat until melted; stirring to mix. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans. Place pastry-lined pie plate on oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil from the edge. Bake the pie for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pie at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours on a wire rack. Refrigerate within 2 hours. To serve, decorate top of pie with baked pastry cutouts, if you like. Makes 10 servings.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- 1 1/4
- 4 - 5
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all the dough is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.
(Chocolate Pecan Pie)Servings Per Recipe 10, cal. (kcal) 432, sodium (mg) 143, fiber (g) 1, Fat, total (g) 23, chol. (mg) 76, carb. (g) 54