Blue Cheese Tart
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yield: 12 appeitizer servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 30 mins
- Cool 1 hr
Pastry for a 9-inch single-crust pie
chopped pecans, toasted
cream cheese, softened
blue cheese, crumbled
half-and-half or light cream
coarsely ground pepper
Fresh chives (optional)
Chive blossoms (optional)
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim and crimp edge as desired. Layer nuts evenly in bottom of pastry.
- In a food processor bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, half-and-half, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.* Pour into pastry over pecans.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 12 wedges. If you like, garnish with chives and chive blossoms. Makes 12 appetizer servings.
- * If you don't have a food processor, you can combine the mixture by beating with an electric mixer.
(Blue Cheese Tart)Servings Per Recipe 12, calcium (mg) 81, Fat, total (g) 19, chol. (mg) 62, pro. (g) 6, iron (mg) 1, carb. (g) 11, cal. (kcal) 233, sodium (mg) 237