Berry-Apple Fantasy Pie
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Cool 2 hrs
- Bake 45 mins
- Stand 15 mins
This golden, two-crust pie oozes with apples and fresh berries.
Pastry for a double-crust pie
sliced, peeled apples
butter, cut up
- Prepare pastry and divide in half. Form each half into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball of the pastry into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the rolled-out pastry to a 9-inch pie plate.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, tapioca, and cinnamon. Add the blackberries and apple slices. Toss gently until coated. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon filling into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Trim pastry even with the edge of the pie plate. Moisten the edge of the pastry with water.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the remaining pastry into a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in the pastry to let steam escape. Place pastry on the filling. Trim the top crust to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry and crimp edge. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
(Berry-Apple Fantasy Pie)Servings Per Recipe 8, fiber (g) 3, cal. (kcal) 419, sodium (mg) 165, carb. (g) 57, pro. (g) 3, chol. (mg) 8, Fat, total (g) 21