Peppermint Surprise Brownies
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 25 mins
unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
miniature chocolate-covered cream-filled mint patties or 32 layered chocolate-mint candies
semisweet chocolate pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; cool.
- Meanwhile, line a 9x9x2-inch or 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture just until combined. Spread half of the batter in the prepared baking pan; top with mint patties to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Carefully spread the remaining batter over patties.
- Bake for 25 minutes for a 9-inch pan or 30 minutes for an 8-inch pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan.
- If desired, in a small saucepan cook and stir semisweet chocolate over low heat until melted. Drizzle over cooled brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into brownies.
(Peppermint Surprise Brownies)Servings Per Recipe 16, vit. A (IU) 194, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Potassium (mg) 61, calcium (mg) 10, sodium (mg) 86, cal. (kcal) 205, Fat () 2, Fat, total (g) 10, chol. (mg) 39, pro. (g) 2, Other Carb () 1, carb. (g) 29, fiber (g) 1, iron (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 6, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 0, sugar (g) 22