Wild Mushroom Toss
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 16 mins
Unless you're an expert in selecting which mushrooms in the wild are safe to eat, rely on the ever-widening variety of mushrooms available in produce aisles for this pasta recipe.
dried linguine or spaghetti
sliced fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake, morel, oyster, and/or cremini)
red or green sweet peppers, cut into strips
onion, cut into thin wedges
butter or margarine
Shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine or spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook mushrooms, sweet peppers, and onion in hot butter or margarine until tender.
- Stir in seasoned salt and pepper. Toss with hot pasta. Top with cheese. Makes 6 servings.
- Tarragon Mushroom Toss: Prepare as directed above, except add 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed, along with vegetables.
- Madeira Mushroom Toss: Prepare as directed above, except add 1/4 cup Madeira or dry sherry to vegetable mixture after cooking. Bring to boiling. Boil gently until sauce is reduced by half.
(Wild Mushroom Toss)Servings Per Recipe 6, chol. (mg) 23, sat. fat (g) 5, carb. (g) 59, Fat, total (g) 10, vit. C (mg) 48, fiber (g) 4, iron (mg) 2, calcium (mg) 30, vit. A (RE) 227, sodium (mg) 168, pro. (g) 10, cal. (kcal) 351