- Makes: 4 servings
- Yield: 4 main-dish servings
- Cook 10 mins
- Prep 40 mins
Roast sweet peppers and use canned tomatoes to make this healthy meatless main dish.
green sweet pepper, quartered and seeded
red sweet pepper, quartered and seeded
dried penne or cut ziti pasta
garlic, cut into thin slices
14 1/2 -
tomato wedges, drained and cut in half
Ground black pepper
snipped fresh parsley
shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place green and red peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 425 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until skins are charred. Immediately wrap hot peppers in the foil and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle. (The steam will loosen the peel.) Peel off skins and cut peppers into strips.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the garlic slices in hot olive oil about 5 minutes or until golden. With a slotted spoon, remove the garlic from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook pepper strips and tomatoes in the garlic-flavored oil for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with black pepper. Stir in parsley and capers.
- Drain pasta and place in hot skillet. Add tomato mixture and toss to coat. Heat through. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl. Garnish with garlic slices; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
(Second-Helping Pasta)Servings Per Recipe 4, sat. fat (g) 1, chol. (mg) 7, cal. (kcal) 333, pro. (g) 13, carb. (g) 54, sodium (mg) 367, fiber (g) 2, Fat, total (g) 7