English Muffins In a Loaf with Honey Butter
- Makes: 32 servings
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Prep 35 mins
- Rise 45 mins
- Bake 25 mins
This tasty bread is easy to make. Homemade sweet butter on top makes for a delicious breakfast combo.
active dry yeast
Honey Butter (optional) (see recipe below)
- Lightly grease two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Lightly sprinkle with cornmeal to coat bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of the flour, yeast, and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir milk, water, sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F). Add milk mixture to dry mixture; mix well using a wooden spoon. Stir in the remaining flour.
- Divide the dough in half. Place dough in prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle tops with cornmeal. Cover; let rise in a warm place 45 minutes, or until double in size. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until bread is golden. Immediately remove bread from pans. Cool on wire rack.
- To serve, slice bread and toast. Serve with Honey Butter, if you like.
- In a small bowl, beat softened butter and honey with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Store in the refrigerator.
(English Muffins In a Loaf with Honey Butter)Servings Per Recipe 32, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, fiber (g) 1, Folate (µg) 16, calcium (mg) 20, chol. (mg) 1, iron (mg) 1, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 18, sodium (mg) 91, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 53, Niacin (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 1, cal. (kcal) 90, sugar (g) 1, pro. (g) 3, vit. A (IU) 49, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0