Miss LaLou's Bourbon Balls
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yield: about 5 dozen balls
- Prep 25 mins
- Stand 1 hr to 2 hrs plus several hours
Vanilla wafers, cocoa powder and pecans form the base of these boozy, no-bake bonbons that keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge. This recipe comes from Patty Pinner's cookbook Sweets (randomhouse.com).
crushed vanilla wafers (11 ounces)
unsweetened cocoa powder
light-color corn syrup
- In a large bowl, stir together the wafers, pecans, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, stir together corn syrup and 1/4 cup bourbon. Add vanilla; mix well. Stir corn syrup mixture mixture into wafer mixture. Mix well with a fork (if necessary, use your hands to bring the mixture together). Cover mixture and let sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours. Taste the mixture. If you like, you can add up to 1/4 cup more bourbon, but be sure the mixture is not too moist to form balls. If the mixture is too dry to roll easily, and you don't want to add more bourbon, add more corn syrup.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in powdered sugar to coat. Arrange the balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper; let stand at room temperature several hours to dry out a little. You may eat these right away, but they taste much better if you allow them to age in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks before serving.
- To Store: Place bourbon balls in an airtight container. Chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
(Miss LaLou's Bourbon Balls)Servings Per Recipe 12, Monosaturated fat (g) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Fat, total (g) 3, Folate (µg) 3, chol. (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 0, carb. (g) 8, Thiamin (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 63, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, iron (mg) 0, sugar (g) 6, pro. (g) 1, Potassium (mg) 23, vit. A (IU) 2, calcium (mg) 4, vit. C (mg) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 17, fiber (g) 0