Terrific Teriyaki Burgers
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Grill 15 mins to 18 mins
The all-American hamburger takes an Asian turn when you add soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
soft bread crumbs
clove garlic, minced
dash ground ginger
lean ground beef
hamburger buns, split and toasted
Sliced cucumbers (optional)
Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Stir together the soft bread crumbs, onion, water, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground beef and mix well. Shape the meat mixture into six 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160 degrees F, turning once.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
- Serve burgers in buns topped, if desired, with sliced cucumbers and lettuce. Makes 6 servings.
- Test Kitchen Tip: When grilling, to test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the heat at the height the food will cook for 4 seconds before having to pull your hand away.
(Terrific Teriyaki Burgers)Servings Per Recipe 6, sodium (mg) 496, iron (mg) 4, fiber (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 357, pro. (g) 25, carb. (g) 32, Fat, total (g) 13, chol. (mg) 72, sat. fat (g) 5