Mexican Biscuit Casserole
- Makes: 8 to 10 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 20 mins
- Stand 5 mins
lean ground beef
1 1/4 -
whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
packaged biscuit mix
shredded cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat.
- Add taco-seasoning mix according to package directions, except use the 3/4 cup water. Add the undrained kidney beans and the drained corn; bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix and milk. Stir until all is moistened. Beat for 30 seconds more.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, making 10 biscuits.
- Spoon hot meat mixture into a 13x9x2-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish and top with some of the cheese.
- Immediately place biscuits on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until biscuits are done. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
(Mexican Biscuit Casserole)Servings Per Recipe 8, cal. (kcal) 486, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 81, Folate (µg) 60, sat. fat (g) 11, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, carb. (g) 40, sodium (mg) 1365, Fat, total (g) 25, fiber (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 3, sugar (g) 3, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 1, Monosaturated fat (g) 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Niacin (mg) 4, calcium (mg) 333, iron (mg) 3, Potassium (mg) 238, vit. A (IU) 437, pro. (g) 29