Mango-Barbecue Fish Tacos
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 45 mins
Fresh fruit and bottled barbecue sauce lend sassy sweetness to low-cal, vitamin-rich grilled fish tacos.
fresh or frozen skinless red snapper, sea bass or cod, tahwed if frozen and patted dry
fresh mango, seeded, peeled and diced
packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage with carrot)
green onions, thinly sliced
6-inch corn tortillas, wrapped in foil
chopped fresh cilantro
- Place half the diced mango in a blender or food processor. Add barbecue sauce; puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine 2/3 cup of the barbecue sauce mixture, the light mayonnaise and lime zest. (Reserve the remaining 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce mixture.) Add remaining diced mango, the coleslaw mix and green onions. Toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill fish on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes when tested with a fork, brushing generously with the reserved 1/3 cup barbecue sauce mixture during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Place wrapped tortillas on grill rack over heat while fish is grilling to warm, turning once halfway through warming.
- To serve, fill warm tortillas with coarsely flaked fish, coleslaw, guacamole and cilantro. If you like, squeeze with lime juice.
- Good for You Corn tortillas are much lower in fat, calories and sodium than flour. If you'd rather use flour tortillas, choose multigrain for extra fiber.
- Prep Tip To keep the fish from sticking, clean the hot grill rack with a brush or crumpled foil. Then, using tongs, grease it with a folded oiled paper towel.
- Time-Saver If you prefer homemade guac but are in a rush, try Wholly's new premashed avocado. It's a handy shortcut, and we love how it's always ripe!
(Mango-Barbecue Fish Tacos)Servings Per Recipe 4, vit. C (mg) 44, Thiamin (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 484, Fat, total (g) 16, pro. (g) 26, vit. A (IU) 1865, chol. (mg) 34, sugar (g) 21, fiber (g) 11, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 3, carb. (g) 61, Folate (µg) 55, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2, Niacin (mg) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 1, iron (mg) 2, calcium (mg) 197, Potassium (mg) 571, sodium (mg) 1133