Edys Grand Ice Cream-Cookie Cake
- Makes: 12 to 16 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Freeze 7 hrs to 24 hrs
This layered frozen dessert cake is filled with shortbread cookies, toffee pieces, coconut, and other favorite ingredients.
Edy's® Grand Cherry Vanilla, Real Strawberry or Black Cherry ice cream
coarsely crushed shortbread cookies, cinnamon shortbread cookies or fudge-striped shortbread cookies (about 30, 1 1/2-inch square cookies or 6 to 7 ounces)
butter or margarine, melted and cooled slightly
toffee pieces, shredded coconut, miniature semisweet chocolate pieces or slivered almonds, toasted
Edy's® Grand Pistachio, Peanut Butter Cup or French Vanilla ice cream, softened (see note)
Edy's® Grand Chocolate or Chocolate Chip ice cream, softened (see note)
- Working quickly, scoop Cherry Vanilla ice cream into 1-1/2- to 2-inch balls. Place balls on a chilled, parchment or waxed paper lined baking sheet; freeze. In a medium bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter. Stir in toffee pieces, coconut, chocolate pieces or toasted almonds.
- Press half of the cookie mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm. Carefully spread softened Pistachio ice cream evenly over cookie mixture. Freeze for 1 hour to set. Carefully spread softened Chocolate ice cream evenly over Pistachio ice cream.
- Place ice cream balls over ice cream layer, leaving 1/2 to 1 inch at edges. Sprinkle with remaining cookie mixture. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, spoon whipped cream into a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip (about 1/2-inch opening). Remove the sides of the pan. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately with whipped cream. Cover and store any remaining ice cream cake in the freezer. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
- To soften ice cream: Place ice cream in a chilled bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir ice cream and press against sides of bowl until evenly softened and ice cream will spread easily.
(Edys Grand Ice Cream-Cookie Cake)Servings Per Recipe 12, pro. (g) 5, Fat, total (g) 29, vit. A (IU) 777, carb. (g) 35, vit. C (mg) 1, sodium (mg) 197, fiber (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 15, calcium (mg) 111, cal. (kcal) 411, chol. (mg) 110, iron (mg) 1