Grilled Vegetables with Summer Hollandaise
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Grill 5 mins
Grilling asparagus and Broccolini over dry heat concentrates their sweetness and adds a delectable smoky flavor. Making the sauce in a blender means there's no fear of it separating.
fresh asparagus spears and/or Broccolini, trimmed
ground black pepper
- Heat a charcoal or as grill to medium. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Spread asparagus and Broccolini on 2 large baking pans. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn to coat.
- Place vegetables on grill perpendicular to bars of grill grate. Cook just until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once.Transfer to a platter. Serve with Summer Hollandaise.
- Oven Method: If you don't want to grill the vegetables, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Leave coated vegetables in the pan. Roast, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until crisp tender, turning once. Serve as above.
Make Ahead Tip
- Vegetables can be grilled ahead, covered, and chilled. Serve at room temperature.
pasteurized egg yolks
Pinch of mustard powder
Pinch of ground white pepper (optional)
snipped fresh tarragon leaves
- In a blender container or small food processor, combine egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, mustard powder, and white pepper, if using. Cover; blend or process until smooth. With machine running, drizzle in melted butter until thickened. Add tarragon; blend just until chopped. Transfer to a small saucepan and gently heat over low heat, 2 to 4 minutes, until warm. Serve with Grilled Vegetables
(Grilled Vegetables with Summer Hollandaise)Servings Per Recipe 8, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 83, iron (mg) 3, vit. A (IU) 1634, calcium (mg) 73, pro. (g) 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 6, carb. (g) 10, sat. fat (g) 8, chol. (mg) 100, sugar (g) 3, Potassium (mg) 459, fiber (g) 4, sodium (mg) 425, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Folate (µg) 109, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Fat, total (g) 17, cal. (kcal) 200