Gingered Fruit Compote
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Chill Up to 1 hr to 6 hrs
- Cook 5 mins
snipped crystallized ginger
assorted fruit (such as sliced peeled kiwifruits, orange sections, chopped apples, sliced bananas, berries, and/or seedless grapes)
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, lemon juice, and ginger. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a small bowl; cool. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator about 1 hour or until cold.
- In a large serving bowl, combine desired fruit. Pour chilled syrup over fruit; toss gently to coat. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
- To serve, spoon fruit and syrup into dessert dishes.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare the syrup mixture. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Mix chilled syrup with fruit. Chill as directed.
(Gingered Fruit Compote)Servings Per Recipe 6, pro. (g) 1, sugar (g) 29, sodium (mg) 3, cal. (kcal) 135, fiber (g) 3, carb. (g) 35