Gingerbread Pudding Cake
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 2 hrs on (high)
- Stand 45 mins
Store-bought gingerbread mix makes this warm, gooey dessert extra easy to assemble.
Nonstick cooking spray
14 1/2 -
packed brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine gingerbread mix and milk until mix is moistened. Stir in raisins (batter will be thick). Spread gingerbread batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared cooker.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour sugar mixture over batter.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting (do not use low-heat setting) for 2 hours (center may appear moist but will set up as it stands).
- Remove liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let cake stand, uncovered, for 45 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- To serve, spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your cake is finished cooking, spoon it out of your slow cooker. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Note: Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Gingerbread Pudding Cake)Servings Per Recipe 8, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, chol. (mg) 50, sat. fat (g) 13, fiber (g) 1, sugar (g) 48, cal. (kcal) 501, pro. (g) 4, sodium (mg) 548, carb. (g) 70, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, vit. A (IU) 680, calcium (mg) 91, Potassium (mg) 197, Niacin (mg) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 0, iron (mg) 3, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 24