Garlic-Roasted Chicken with Lemons and Vegetables
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- Yield: 4 breasts or 8 thighs plus 4 cups vegetables
- Prep 20 mins
- Roast 45 mins to 55 mins
This flavor-packed dish combines garlic-infused chicken with perfectly cooked vegetables. Roasting the lemon in the pan brings out its flavor.
new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
sweet onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
ground black pepper
meaty bone-in chicken pieces (such as legs, thighs and breasts), skinned if desired
garlic, thinly sliced
fresh green beans, trimmed
snipped fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large roasting pan combine potatoes, lemons, and onion. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Toss to coat and spread to an even layer. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, make four or five 1/2- to 1-inch slits in the meaty parts of each chicken piece. Insert a slice of garlic into each slit. Place chicken, bone sides down, in a single layer over vegetables in the roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breast halves or 180 degrees F for thighs).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook green beans, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Remove lemon halves from the roasting pan. Add green beans to the potato mixture along with the tarragon; toss to combine. Add to serving platter with chicken.
(Garlic-Roasted Chicken with Lemons and Vegetables)Servings Per Recipe 4, calcium (mg) 79, vit. C (mg) 32, cal. (kcal) 394, Potassium (mg) 937, vit. A (IU) 816, pro. (g) 35, iron (mg) 3, sugar (g) 5, carb. (g) 26, fiber (g) 6, sat. fat (g) 5, chol. (mg) 95, sodium (mg) 551, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Fat, total (g) 18, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Monounsaturated fat (g) 8, Folate (µg) 57, Niacin (mg) 16, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0