Fruit and Nut Granola
- Makes: 8 servings
- Yield: Makes about 4 1/2 cups
- Prep 15 mins
- Bake 15 mins to 20 mins
regular rolled oats
coarsely chopped pecans or slivered almonds
packed brown sugar
Dash ground allspice or nutmeg
dried fruit (such as, raisins, golden raisins, currents, tart red cherries, blueberries, cranberries, snipped apricots, snipped apples and/or snipped dates) (optional)
- Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and honey over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over the oats mixture; toss to coat. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 300 degrees F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown, stirring after 10 minutes. Remove from oven. If you like, stir in dried fruit.
- Spread granola on a large piece of foil to cool. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (Or place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 2 months.)
(Fruit and Nut Granola)Servings Per Recipe 8, Fat, total (g) 13, calcium (mg) 40, iron (mg) 2, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, cal. (kcal) 326, vit. A (IU) 243, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 81, sat. fat (g) 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 286, vit. C (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 15, sugar (g) 19, Niacin (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, pro. (g) 8, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 5, carb. (g) 47, Thiamin (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 24, fiber (g) 6