- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 50 mins
- Bake 30 mins
- Stand 20 mins
bulk Italian sausage or turkey Italian sausage
14 1/2 -
diced tomatoes, drained
dried Italian seasoning, crushed
dried lasagna noodles
egg, lightly beaten
ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese, drained
grated Parmesan cheese
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Meat sauce: In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. For filling: In a medium bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir in spinach.
- To assemble, in an ungreased 12x7-1/2x2-inch baking pan, arrange three of the cooked noodles. Spread with half of the filling. Top with half of the meat sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering noodles, filling, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
(Florentine Lasagna)Servings Per Recipe 8, sodium (mg) 876, fiber (g) 2, sugar (g) 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2, Monosaturated fat (g) 10, sat. fat (g) 14, chol. (mg) 111, Fat, total (g) 29, carb. (g) 28, pro. (g) 25, cal. (kcal) 475