Five-Spice Beef Kabobs
- Makes: 4 servings
- Yield: 3/4 cup yogurt sauce
- Start to Finish 20 mins
beef flank steak or boneless beef sirloin
reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 -1 1/2
Chinese five-spice powder
plain Greek yogurt
snipped fresh mint leaves
Fresh mint leaves
- Thinly slice steak across grain. If necessary, flatten slices with palm of hand or meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. In medium bowl combine beef, soy sauce, and five-spice powder; toss to coat beef. Thread beef on skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading).
- For charcoal or gas grill, grill kabobs on rack of covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine yogurt and snipped mint. From one lime, finely shred 1 tsp. peel. Juice the lime. Stir peel and 1 Tbsp. juice in to yogurt. Cut remaining lime in wedges, if desired. Serve kabobs with yogurt sauce, mint, and lime.
- Serve skewers with yogurt sauce and lime wedges. Top with additional fresh mint.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh carrot ribbons. Use a vegetable peeler to make thin ribbons. Toss with a squeeze of lime juice and lightly sprinkle with five-spice powder.
- * If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before grilling.
- Change up: Another time substitute bottled barbecue sauce and chili powder for the soy sauce and Chinese-five spice powder. Substitute sour cream and cilantro for the yogurt and mint.
(Five-Spice Beef Kabobs)Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 213, pro. (g) 29, sodium (mg) 366, sugar (g) 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, calcium (mg) 91, iron (mg) 3, fiber (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 3, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 3, Niacin (mg) 7, Fat, total (g) 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 74, Folate (µg) 16, carb. (g) 5, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 8, Potassium (mg) 404