Farmers' Market Brownies
- Yield: 16 or 32 bars
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 25 mins
bittersweet chocolate (Incredibly Delicious Bakery uses 55% cacao), coarsely chopped
bread flour or all-purpose flour
Raspberries or sliced strawberries (optional)
Whipped cream (optional)
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate and butter. Heat and stir constantly over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until color lightens slightly. Beat or fold in melted chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Spread the batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan. Place on cutting board; cut into bars. If you like, top brownies with raspberries or sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
(Farmers' Market Brownies)cal. (kcal) 385, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 5, carb. (g) 47, vit. A (IU) 389, Fat, total (g) 22, sodium (mg) 106, Potassium (mg) 158, fiber (g) 2, iron (mg) 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, calcium (mg) 30, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sugar (g) 34, Folate (µg) 28, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, chol. (mg) 84, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Monosaturated fat (g) 7, Niacin (mg) 1, vit. C (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 13, Riboflavin (mg) 0