Bacon, Ham and Egg Hash
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish 35 mins
The bacon seasons the potatoes in this hearty skillet meal. Make it for a weekend breakfast, and serve with fresh fruit.
Niman Ranch Bacon or other bacon
potatoes, peeled and chopped (2-1/2 cups)
Niman Ranch Dry-Cured Applewood Smoked Ham or other cooked ham, coarsely chopped
eggs, lightly beaten
ground black pepper
shredded cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp, reserving fat. Remove bacon from skillet; drain well on paper towels and crumble. Set aside.
- Add potatoes to the reserved fat and add additional oil if there's not enough fat. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat about 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender and browned, turning frequently. Add the ham. Cook about 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender, stirring gently.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, salt and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato-ham mixture. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge. Using a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist. Sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
- Recipe contributor: Monica and Randy Duffe
- (563) 732-3269
- 2678 104th St, Wilton, IA 52778
- Paul Willis
- Niman Ranch Pork Company
- 2551 Eagle Avenue
- Thornton, IA 50479
- Ashley Di Blasi
- Marketing Assistant
- Niman Ranch
(Bacon, Ham and Egg Hash)Servings Per Recipe 4, vit. A (IU) 389, iron (mg) 2, pro. (g) 25, vit. C (mg) 15, carb. (g) 25, Fat, total (g) 31, fiber (g) 2, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, sugar (g) 2, sodium (mg) 1338, Potassium (mg) 740, cal. (kcal) 481, calcium (mg) 111, chol. (mg) 330, Riboflavin (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 11, Niacin (mg) 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, Monounsaturated fat (g) 13, Folate (µg) 44, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Thiamin (mg) 1