Bacon and Mushroom Bite-Size Quiches
- Makes: 21 servings
- Prep 40 mins
- Bake 20 mins
- Stand 5 mins
of a 15-oz. pkg.
rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (1 crust)
fresh mushrooms, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
chopped green onions
shredded Swiss cheese (3 ounces)
eggs, lightly beaten
dairy sour cream
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pie crust to a 14-inch diameter circle. Using a scalloped 3-inch round cutter, cut out 21 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit pastry circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of 21 lightly-greased 2-1/2-inch muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; reserving 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble. Set aside.
- For filling: In the same skillet, cook mushrooms in reserved bacon drippings until tender and liquid evaporates. In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, reserved bacon, green onions and cheese. Divide filling equally among each pastry-lined muffin cup. In a large bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed, light brown and a knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in muffin cups. Carefully remove from muffin cups; place on a wire rack or serving platter. Serve warm. Makes 21.
Make Ahead Tip
- Note: For make-ahead, wrap cooled quiches in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight. To serve, arrange on a baking sheet and heat, uncovered, in a 350 degrees oven about 10 minutes.
- National Pork Board
- Cram Rogers (Pork Information Specialist)
- 1776 N.W. 114th Street
- Clive, IA 50325
- P.O. Box 9114
- Des Moines, IA 50306
- Phone: 223-2619
- Fax: 223-2646
- Large variation: Let pie crust stand according to package directions; ease into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
- Large variation: Prepare filling as above. Spoon bacon mixture into crust and top with egg mixture. Place tart on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until center appears set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into narrow wedges. Makes about 20.
(Bacon and Mushroom Bite-Size Quiches)Servings Per Recipe 21, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, vit. C (mg) 1, carb. (g) 6, Fat, total (g) 8, chol. (mg) 32, sat. fat (g) 4, Monosaturated fat (g) 2, pro. (g) 3, cal. (kcal) 106, sodium (mg) 98, vit. A (IU) 146, Potassium (mg) 54, calcium (mg) 50, iron (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0