Baked Brie Strata
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Chill 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Bake 55 mins
- Stand 10 mins
Brie cheese, zucchini, and two kinds of tomatoes give a healthy update to a classic breakfast casserole.
zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
1/2-inch thick slices crusty sourdough bread
Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
evaporated skim milk
finely chopped onion
snipped fresh dill
Nonstick cooking spray
- Cook zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange bread slices in the prepared baking dish, cutting as necessary to fit. Sprinkle half of the Brie evenly on top. Arrange zucchini and tomatoes on top of bread. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In a bowl combine egg product, evaporated skim milk, onion, dill, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over vegetables and cheese. Lightly press vegetables down with back of spoon to be sure everything is saturated with egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap from strata; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare and chill casserole for up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
(Baked Brie Strata)Servings Per Recipe 8, sodium (mg) 525, vit. A (RE) 134, calcium (mg) 131, vit. C (mg) 8, chol. (mg) 29, carb. (g) 18, Fat, total (g) 8, fiber (g) 1, pro. (g) 13, iron (mg) 2, sat. fat (g) 5, cal. (kcal) 198