- Yield: 24 tartlets
- Prep 20 mins
- Chill 4 hrs
- Cool 5 mins
- Bake 8 mins
- Stand 30 mins
Make a buttery dough to form the mini tart shells for this dessert. Then fill the cooled shells with lemon curd and fresh raspberries.
egg yolks (about 1/3 cup)
finely shredded orange peel
Lemon Curd or Orange Curd (see Recipe Center) or purchased lemon or lime curd
- Allow butter and egg yolks to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and pale, about 3 minutes. Add softened butter and orange peel. Beat on medium speed until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture just until combined. Divide dough in half. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Lightly grease twenty-four 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time until 1/4 inch thick. Using a 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut dough into 12 rounds, rerolling as needed. Press a round into the bottom and up the sides of each prepared muffin cup. Repeat rolling and cutting with remaining half of dough.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned (dough will puff). Remove from oven. Immediately make an indentation so as to form a tart shell (use the rounded bottom of a measuring teaspoon). Cool slightly in pan. Carefully transfer tart shells to a wire rack and let cool.
- To serve, spoon a scant 1 tablespoon of Lemon Curd into each cooled tart shell. Arrange raspberries on top and dust tartlets with powdered sugar. Tartlets may be assembled up to 4 hours before serving, dusting with powdered sugar just before serving. Makes 24 tartlets.
(Raspberry Tartlets)pro. (g) 2, cal. (kcal) 162, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 110, chol. (mg) 88, Fat, total (g) 9, carb. (g) 19