- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cool 45 mins
- Chill At least 8 hrs or up to 24 hours
This rich chocolate dessert, made with ladyfingers, vanilla pudding, coffee crystals and baking chocolate, is delicious any time of year.
cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
instant coffee crystals
sweet baking chocolate, broken
ladyfingers (about 30), split
whipping cream, whipped
Slivered almonds (optional)
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine pudding mix, coffee crystals, and gelatin. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Cool for 45 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, line a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with waxed paper or clear plastic wrap. Line bottom and sides with split ladyfingers.
- Stir filling until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon half of the filling into the ladyfinger-lined loaf pan. Cover filling with a layer of ladyfingers. Repeat layers. Cover; chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, uncover loaf and invert onto serving plate. Remove waxed paper or wrap. Garnish with additional whipped cream and slivered almonds, if you like. Slice into serving-size pieces. Makes 8 servings.
- * Cool the filling before folding in whipped cream. Chilling mixture will make it too stiff.