Party Cream Puffs
- Makes: 30 servings
- Prep 40 mins
- Chill Up to 2 hrs
- Cool 1 hr
- Bake 15 mins to 20 mins
Cocoa Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
Chocolate Glaze (recipe follows)
- Grease 2 large baking sheets. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine water, butter and salt. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir till mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove the pan from the heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into 30 mounds 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. For evenly shaped puffs, avoid going back to add more dough to the mounds.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
- Cut off tops of each puff and remove any soft dough from inside. Fill or pipe each with about 1 tablespoon of Cocoa Whipped Cream. Replace cream-puff tops. Drizzle or pipe the Chocolate Glaze over each cream puff. Chill for up to 2 hours or till glaze is set.
Cocoa Whipped Cream
unsweetened cocoa powder
grated orange peel (optional)
- Chill a mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer. In bowl, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder and vanilla. Add grated orange peel, if you like. Beat on low speed till soft peaks form. Makes 2 cups.
semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine semisweet chocolate and shortening. Heat over low heat till chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir till smooth.
(Party Cream Puffs)Servings Per Recipe 30, cal. (kcal) 106, sodium (mg) 32, Fat, total (g) 8, pro. (g) 2, carb. (g) 6, fiber (g) 0, chol. (mg) 48