- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Chill 30 mins
semisweet chocolate pieces (6 ounces)
milk chocolate pieces (6 ounces)
frozen buttermilk waffles or Belgian waffles
Almond brickle pieces, colorful sprinkles, toasted coconut, or other crunchy toppings
Whipped cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, place waffles in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet; toast in the oven according to package directions. Halve each waffle crosswise.
- Dip waffles in chocolate or spoon chocolate over waffles to coat. Remove from chocolate with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to flow back into pan.
- Insert a wooden skewer or ice cream stick into each waffle half. Place on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Serve fudge puppies topped with whipped cream, if you like. Makes 10.
(Fudge Puppies)Servings Per Recipe 10, cal. (kcal) 240, Fat, total (g) 14, carb. (g) 30, chol. (mg) 1, sodium (mg) 161