- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 16 mins
The popular spiced tea drink was the inspiration for this dessert. Using a cake mix makes it easy to prepare.
2-layer-size white cake mix
half-and-half or light cream
chai spice blend*
Butter Frosting (recipe follows) or purchased vanilla frosting
Chai spice blend
- Line 24, 2-1/2-inch muffins cups with paper bake cups. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, half-and-half, cooking oil, eggs, and 1-1/2 teaspoons spice blend. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon into bake cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Frost cooled cupcakes with Butter Frosting and sprinkle with additional chai spice blend. Makes 24 cupcakes.
- * If desired, substitute 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice and 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom for the 1 1/2 teaspoons chai spice blend. Sprinkle frosted cupcakes with additional pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice.
(1 stick) butter
- Beat together butter, milk, vanilla, salt and 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar in medium-size bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the remaining 3 cups sugar, or until good spreading consistency is reached.
(Chai Cupcakes)cal. (kcal) 305, pro. (g) 2, carb. (g) 48, Fat, total (g) 12, chol. (mg) 33, sat. fat (g) 5, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 16, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sugar (g) 39, sodium (mg) 184, Potassium (mg) 43, calcium (mg) 50, vit. A (IU) 194, iron (mg) 1, Thiamin (mg) 0