- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Chill 2 hrs to 8 hrs
- Heat 30 mins
Mustard, mayo and dill pickle spice up this grilled ham, pork, salami and Swiss cheese sandwich. Our recipe gives step-by-step instructions to make this a tailgating success!
ciabatta or Cuban bread, cut in half horizontally
thinly sliced cooked ham
thinly sliced roast pork
thinly sliced salami
lengthwise sandwich dill pickle slices
sliced Swiss cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
- The day before: In a small bowl combine mustard and mayonnaise. Spread cut sides of bread with mustard mixture. Layer the bottom with ham, pork, and salami. Pat pickle slices dry with paper towels. Place pickles on top of meat; add cheese. Replace top of bread; press down firmly.
- Coat a 24x18-inch sheet of heavy foil with cooking spray. Tightly wrap sandwich in the greased foil. Wrap in a second sheet of foil; place on a baking sheet. Place a heavy skillet (add cans of vegetables for more weight) on top of sandwich to press ingredients firmly together; chill overnight.
- Tailgate day: Tote foil-wrapped sandwich in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
- At the tailgating site, prepare grill. For a charcoal grill, heat foil-wrapped sandwich on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-low coals for 30 minutes, turning sandwich every 5 minutes during grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place foil-wrapped sandwich on grill rack over heat. Cover and heat as above.)
- Cut sandwich into eight portions. Secure each portion with a wooden pick. Remove wooden picks before eating.
- Must-have equipment: Insulated cooler with ice packs
- Must-have equipment: On-site grill
(Cuban Griller)Servings Per Recipe 8, vit. A (IU) 194, vit. C (mg) 14, pro. (g) 23, Thiamin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 30, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 17, Niacin (mg) 3, chol. (mg) 63, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 7, Monounsaturated fat (g) 5, Folate (µg) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, calcium (mg) 212, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 1188, iron (mg) 3, sugar (g) 2, Potassium (mg) 227, cal. (kcal) 365, Trans fatty acid (g) 0