Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Bake 55 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
dried medium noodles
skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
sliced fresh mushrooms
green onions, sliced
medium red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped (1/2 cup)
10 3/4 -
condensed cream of broccoli soup
dairy sour cream
ground black pepper
frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
fine dry bread crumbs
butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add chicken to hot skillet. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, and sweet pepper to skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. (If necessary, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to skillet.)
- Transfer vegetables to bowl with chicken. Stir in cream of broccoli soup, sour cream, broth, mustard, and black pepper. Gently stir in cooked noodles and broccoli.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared dish. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 25 minutes more or until heated through.
(Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Bake)Servings Per Recipe 12, sodium (mg) 515, pro. (g) 21, cal. (kcal) 336, Fat, total (g) 15, carb. (g) 29, chol. (mg) 79, sat. fat (g) 8, fiber (g) 3