- Makes: 9 servings
- Hands On 5 mins
- Total Time 17 mins
There is something rather miraculous about stirring together two ingredients (yes, two ingredients!) and getting delicious homemade biscuits.
Nonstick cooking spray
Whipping cream for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees . Place flour in a medium bowl. Add cream and stir until dough just forms.
- Scrape dough onto a floured surface. With well floured hands, flatten dough slightly and fold in half. Repeat 2 times. Pat dough into a 6x6-inch square about 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 9 squares.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops with additional cream. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Sweet Biscuits For a sweet biscuit (such as for shortcake), stir 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar into the flour.
- Drop Biscuits Rather than pat the dough into a square, just drop 2-inch pieces of dough onto the greased cookie sheet and bake as directed.
- Substitute As a substitute for 2 cups self-rising flour, use 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
(Cream Biscuits)Servings Per Recipe 9, sat. fat (g) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 22, Niacin (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 14, vit. C (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 44, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 4, calcium (mg) 79, cal. (kcal) 222, vit. A (IU) 572, iron (mg) 1, fiber (g) 0, sodium (mg) 366, sugar (g) 1, Potassium (mg) 68, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Folate (µg) 37