Mrs. Truman's Coconut Cookies
- Yield: about 2 dozen
- Prep 10 mins
- Bake 12 mins to 15 mins per batch
flaked coconut (2-2/3 cups)
sweetened condensed milk
dried cranberries, snipped dried cherries or chopped dried apricots (optional)
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine coconut and cornstarch. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Stir in dried fruit, if you like.
- Drop by small rounded teaspoonfuls about 1-inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 325 degrees F. oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
(Mrs. Truman's Coconut Cookies)fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 2, Riboflavin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 3, carb. (g) 9, Fat, total (g) 3, cal. (kcal) 70, pro. (g) 1, sugar (g) 8, calcium (mg) 20, Potassium (mg) 55, sodium (mg) 30