- Yield: 36 bars
- Prep 10 mins
- Bake 20 mins
Make these layered brownie, marshmallow, and peanut butter cereal squares for a melt-in-your-mouth dessert.
21 1/2 -
fudge brownie mix
10 1/2 -
semisweet chocolate pieces
creamy peanut butter
butter or margarine
crisp rice cereal
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions, using a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and the directions for chewy (not cakelike) brownies. Bake according to directions.
- Sprinkle baked brownies with marshmallows and return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine chocolate pieces, peanut butter, and butter or margarine. Heat and stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; stir in the cereal. Pour evenly over marshmallows.
- Refrigerate until topping is set. Cut into bars. Serve at room temperature. Makes 36 bars.
- Instead of melting the chocolate, peanut butter, and butter or margarine in a saucepan on the range top, melt them in your microwave oven. Place the three ingredients in a microwave-safe mixing bowl and microcook the mixture on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Stir in the cereal and continue as directed above.
(Marshmallow-Crisp Brownies)carb. (g) 15, cal. (kcal) 121, Fat, total (g) 7, sodium (mg) 62, chol. (mg) 14