Hunka Chocolate Cookies
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Prep 20 mins
- Bake 24 mins
Just a half-cup of flour goes into these fudgy cookies. They're packed with three kinds of chocolate and toasted walnuts, then drizzled with a chocolate glaze.
semisweet chocolate pieces (4 cups)
butter (no substitutions)
broken walnuts, toasted
Melted white chocolate
Melted semisweet chocolate
- Lightly grease large cookie sheets; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat one package of the semisweet chocolate pieces, the unsweetened chocolate and the butter until melted, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla to chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed till well mixed. Stir in remaining chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Using 1/4 cup of the dough for each cookie, drop the dough 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake the cookies in a 350 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are firm and the surface is dull and cracked. Let stand for 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove; cool on wire racks. Drizzle with melted white chocolate and semisweet chocolate. Makes 24 cookies.
(Hunka Chocolate Cookies)cal. (kcal) 314, fiber (g) 1, sodium (mg) 63, carb. (g) 37, Fat, total (g) 20, chol. (mg) 41